My new challenge

I don't know if it is even possible but I decided to start a "Not buying of new summer clothes" challenge for the rest of this summer season, even though there are huge sales now. I want to challenge my brain and work harder on creating new outfits with the clothes I already have in my closet. I still have two months ahead, we will see what happens... And if I give in and buy something new, I will definitely let you know about it. 

I decided to start with one of the oldest pieces, which has lived in my closet for 15 years. It is a pair of Diane Von Furstenberg pants. I know they are a little bit out of style nowadays because of the low-rise fit, but I still made them work by covering my west area with a t-shirt which I pulled out a little more hiding the top of the pants. These pants are one of the timeless items; which were made with the highest quality and great fit, and that's why I still keep them.

I added a little color by choosing a blue bag, and again, my earrings were pretty big but not bright. I matched them with brown buttons on the pants. To finish this outfit I chose a red lipstick which matched well with the print on my t-shirt.







 
T-Shirt, Earrings - Anthropologie, Pants - Diane Von Furstenberg, Sandals - Steve Madden
Bag - TJMaxx, Sunglasses - Ray-Ban

Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Linking up with:

Comments

  1. I said at the end of June that I wasn't going to buy anything....I failed....but it wasn't much I bought. But now I am really not buying anything until the end of August. I love Diane von Furstenberg clothing, her dresses are amazing! So I of course loooove this look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Nancy! It is not going to be easy to stay away from shopping but I have an idea in my mind to change my way of buying things. Thank you so much for your comment!

      Delete
  2. I love that challenge and have been working towards that myself. Also, these pants are so classic that I am not sure they could ever truly go out of style. I adore the chic details that the buttons provide. You nailed it.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pants are so fun with the button details: definitely a keeper. I have another month or so in my no shop challenge and I did buy one thing this week but it was a pair of pants I had been looking for for a few months: the company does not exist anymore so I had to search on 2nd hand sites and found a pair on ebay. I will be sharing them in a post in September. Now to stay strong the rest of my challenge. I have noticed that I need to wear certain tops in my closet so my goal this coming week is to work on that. I tried them and still like them but just haven't worn them.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exactly how I feel. Mireille. What is a point to buy new things if I have a closet full of items I haven't got a chance to wear? Thank you very much for sharing! I will be waiting to see your new pants.

      Delete
  4. I've already gone 55 days without buying anything, but I'd sure love a pair of trousers like these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great to know that I am not alone in this challenge. Thank you very much for your comment!

      Delete
  5. Classy accessories make this look perfection, I love the button detail on the pants. Great to see you in #WowOnWednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great monochrome white outfit! the pants look so good on you, I really like the button detail! Good luck with your no more summer shopping challenge! You can do it! :)

    Thanks for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those pants are wonderful! And I really like the white on white look with the little colorful accents. Your shoes and bag are so fabulous, too. I just photographed two monochromatic white outfits which I will be sharing soon. Thanks for linking with me, Tatiana!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shelbee! Waiting for your posts in white!

      Delete
  8. I have been buying a few Fall items. I do have enough for summer as well. Love the pants! They are a great fit and the button detail is wonderful. The tee is so cute and whimsical. Looking so stylish!
    jess xx
    thanks for linking!
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts