My outfit for a wedding

My best friend's daughter was getting married at the beginning of May, but I just came back from Russia and didn't have any time to prepare for this wedding. I had only one week to find something to wear for this wonderful event. I called my other friend and found out that she was also in the same situation, she had nothing to wear. We decided to go shopping together at BDHL in Devon, PA. It is hard to believe but we both found cocktail dresses in less than 20 minutes. The only problem was that the store didn't have the right sizes for us. So, we ordered them to be shipped and received them in two days. 

Our second trip was to King of Prussia Mall to look for shoes and clutches. And again, we found everything we wanted right away. We were so happy that we got ready for the wedding so easily. Well, I would say that I would have liked to wear a different pair of heels with my dress, but those black suede pumps were the best option I could find in that short period of time. I will keep looking for a better option for the future. 

It looks like this jacket has been waiting in the closet specifically for this dress. I bought it at an annual sale at Nordstrom last winter and absolutely forgot about it until I started looking for something to put on my shoulders in the evening time. In my opinion, they match so well together.

The wedding was so beautifully arranged! It was a Russian-American-Indian traditional wedding that brought so many different cultural pieces together. I was stunned by how it was organized and how much fun we had. We were so happy for our friend, Olga. The red wedding dress her daughter wore was made by her mom (my friend Olga)  from scratch... Yes, my friends are very talented in so many different ways!







My friend Luda with whom we went shopping twice for this wedding.




Dress - BHLDN, Shoes - Steve Madden, Clatch - Macy's, Earrings - Effy
Jacket - Emporio Armani, Sunglasses - Ralph Lauren

Photos by Friends and Evgeny Verivski

Linking up with:

Comments

  1. What a elegant dress and the bride looks amazing in her red dress! Fabulous, looks like a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful dress you chose - how great you found one the first time you shopped! It looks like a really fun wedding too, congratulations to the happy couple!

    Thanks so much for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup :) Hope you're having a nice weekend, it's another cold wintery one here.

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mica! It is hard to imagine that it could be wintery cold somewhere. Our planet is great isn't it?
      I hope your weekend went well.

      Delete
  3. Well you look stunning, I adore your dress and the wedding looks super classy. Thanks for adding to the #linkup.. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Tatiana, what a gorgeous dress! How great that you were able to find it on short notice. And the bride's gown is absolutely stunning! I love traditional wedding attire like that and how special that it was handmade!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts