Does a fashion expert's opinion matter?

I watched a fashion expert's video on YouTube last week about "What women's style should be after 45". And, honestly, I couldn't even finish it because there were so many rules about how we were supposed to look and what we were supposed to wear after turning that age. I turned it off and asked myself: "Who are all those people, who think they have all the knowledge about our personal styles? What do they know about our bodies and our feelings? Why did they decide they have the right to make us feel not excellent/young/beautiful enough to wear something we love? Who created all those rules and why? And the main question is: why do they think we are supposed to follow their advice?

One of the rules was: Don't show your armpit and groin area after 45. Seriously? I immediately went to my closet and picked a tank top my Olga gave me as a Christmas present. I tucked it into my jeans to better show all the areas mentioned in that advice and went for a bike ride with Eugene. I felt so good!

I think women, especially after 45, can wear whatever they want! The only judge who matters in this decision is our own self, and the best expert is our own feelings. And if we feel comfortable, confident, and fabulous in something we just put on, then let's wear it with joy! 

I have heard many times that some rules are made to be broken. And this is exactly the case!








Tank Top -Toteme, Jeans - Zara, Shoes - Anthropologie, Earrings - Loft, Necklace - Express,
Bandana and Bag - Friend's Gift, Sunglasses - Ray Ban

Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Linking up with:

Comments

  1. You look hot, Tatiana. You are right, some rules have to be broken if you want to look your best. Love this look. https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't beat a classic jeans and tank outfit, and you look great in this! I think rules are definitely meant to be broken, and we should always wear what we love no matter what other people say!

    Thanks for joining the Weekday Wear Link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow girl...gorgeous....ignore those 'rules'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely agree with you! Nobody has the right to tell us what to wear and what not to wear. Honestly! What is it with these people? You look stunning by the way!
    Hugs
    Suzy x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts