Creating an outfit with velvet

I have always believed that velvet is the king of all fabrics. Clothes made of it always look expensive and rich, but I noticed that sometimes such items can add age you. That's why I choose velvet items with extreme care and always try to combine them with more simple pieces.

Creating this look, I chose a pair of ordinary cropped wide-leg pants to tone down the excessive elegance of a velvet shirt and thus got a more relaxed outfit suitable for an evening walk in the city. My ankle boots helped to close the section of my leg between the bottom of my pants and the shoes, thereby finishing the leg line nicely. 

From accessories, I chose earrings and chains with pendants made of yellow metal, small and simple, so as not to overload my look.  My bag maybe was not an ideal option for this outfit but it was the best one I found in my closet. And the final touch was my favorite permanent sunglasses!

We was a great time in the city an I felt very comfortable in my outfit...








Shirt, Pants - Anthropologie, Shoes - INC International Concept, Bag - TJMaxx,
Earrings - Effy, Necklace - Loft, Sunglasses - Ralph Lauren

Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Linking up with:

Comments

  1. The colors, and of course the fabric, looks so warm and rich! Very luxurious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a velvet top that I "save" for dressy occasions, but you have shown me a way to wear it casually. Thanks--I will pull it out of my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun outfit! I love the mix of colors and fabric!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this outfit is the definition of luxury! I love the bold shades of blue!

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. The velvet shirt is beautiful on you - I like the long necklaces with it and blue and yellow are always a good combination! :)

    Hope you are having a lovely week :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yo wear this beautifully well, love the whole look and wow to the velvet - one of my favourite fabrics. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love velvet too - it's so sumptuous. Great idea to balance the velvet shirt with a pair of wide leg pants. Thanks for linking at #WowOnWednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look absolutely stunning in velvet! I love the color combination too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are beautiful! I love the contrast and the richness of the colors as well as the texture: I can almost feel how soft that velvet is!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Philadelphia is beautiful city that's all photos look great there! Thank you so much, Mireille!

      Delete
  10. Oh my gosh, Tatiana, this outfit is brilliant! I agree that velvet is the king (or queen) of all fabrics. It has been a lifelong favorite of mine! These colors are so bold and so good together. I have a similar velvet top in olive green. I think I am going to try to find some wide legged cropped trousers to wear with it to recreate this look. Thanks for sharing and linking with me!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do, Shelbee! I want to see your look with velvet! Thank you so much for your comment!

      Delete
  11. I love this colour combination! I adore velvet too, it feels so nice to wear. Fabulous shoes! Thanks for linking up!

    Emma xxx
    www,style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts