A second hand duster

      A couple of years ago my acquaintance, Joan, stopped by my office and brought me this duster. Joan said that she found it at Goodwill and as soon as she saw the size and style she thought of me. And she actually bought it for me.

      When I looked at it, I knew - it was my piece of clothes! The quality, the style and the fabric..., I was amazed. I put it on right away and I loved it from the first sight. Joan told me that she bought it for only $4.00. I couldn't believe it... I wasn't familiar with Ellen Tracy clothing, but I assumed that this item wouldn't be cheap. I opened a website and found the similar one, the price was $499.00. Unbelievable! Thank you very much Joan! It is a real treasure.

      Joan definitely has a good eye. I like her style very much, she always wears something different and interesting, and most of her clothes are from the second hand stores. After I got this present from her I started thinking that it is not a bad idea to check some racks at stores like that one once in a while.

     Do you shop at any second hand stores?





       I also want you to pay attention to my brooch. It is a Christmas gift from my friend Vicki which she made herself. I love it so much and I think it goes very well with the duster.





      Probably I needed to pick a purple bag which would make the whole outfit stand out and look more interesting, but I wanted to keep it more in style of 1960s.


Coat - Ellen Tracy, Shoes - Nine West, Bag - DillardS, Sunglasses - Ralph Lauren
Brooch and Bracelet - friend's gift, Earrings - NY&Company
Photos by Evgeny Verivski 




Comments

  1. Love Joan and love this outfit--and how the brooch is the perfect accent piece. I sometimes shop at second=hand shops, but I like small consignment shops best. It does take time, though (and I dont' allocate much time to shopping).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Madeline! I remember you told me about consignment shops in Wayne. I really want to check them out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts