Very old sweater

     This sweater is one of those items in my closet to which I cannot say goodbye. I don't even remember how old this item is, but it still remains one of my most favorite  pieces in my wardrobe. It is soft, cozy and light enough to wear by itself in late spring and early summer, and warm enough to wear with a blouse underneath in winter time. 

      I don't know how many times I sewed every torn pom-pom and gently hand washed this sweater, but I know for sure that I have really enjoyed doing it. It reminds me my old times, when every piece of my clothes and shoes in my wardrobe had value and I took care of them with big pleasure. I have been thinking more and more about it lately, because I like the feelings that I made the right choice in the beginning and this loved item has stayed with me until the very end of its life.








Sweater, Earrings - Anthropologie, Pants - Diane von Furstenberg, Shoes - Nine West,
Bag - TJMaxx, Sunglasses - Ray Ban

Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Linking up with:


Comments

  1. I am a huge DvF fan so I am loving those elegant trousers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thank you very much! Nancy, I hope you see my comment here. The problem is - I cannot leave you any comments in your blog. Every time when I push a Publish button, it disappears. In your last post I repeated my comment three times and it didn't publish. Do you have any ideas why?

      Delete
  2. don't ever get rid of that coolest sweater! it's so fabulous! Actually it's inpsiring me to create my own! I might ask you for a photo to put on my blog as my inpiration!
    xoEva

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really a fun sweater: I am glad you have taken the time to resew the pom poms when they get loose. I have to work at taking better care of my clothes. I am not good with a needle but I can sew a button and repair a small tear.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be a seamstress, that's why I don't mind to do it at all. Thank you vwery much, Mireille!

      Delete
  4. What a fun knit! I can see why you have kept it and taken the time to maintain it - it's a very unique piece! :) I like having older pieces in my wardrobe, they often have many happy memories attached! :)

    Hope you had a great weekend! It was a cold one here, winter arrived early!

    Thanks so much for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! The new link up is live on my blog now, I'd love you to join again. :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfection as usual Tatiana, thanks for sharing your treasured jumper - I have a few pieces like this that I can't bear to part with. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts