Another way of wearing cropped jeans

      When Evgeny saw me in this outfit his first question was: "Why did put those shoes on if they are in a different color from your jeans? You have blue boots for this look. You just talked about matching shoes recently..." I laughed and replayed: "The key word about matching shoes and pants was "Sometimes"! That my rule doesn't apply to every outfit." He looked confused for a minute, but decided not to argue with me. I just explained to him (poor men) that in this case monochrome would be so boring and I would look so blue if I wore blue boots.

     My all-time favorite is a total black look, I also like all white outfits, but I wouldn't wear too many items of any other color, especially everything in dark blue . That's why I decided to dilute my outfit with light brown suede shoes. Despite the fact that these cropped jeans and shoes are totally in totally different color, I like the result. In this case it works well for me and I don't get an impression that this combination cuts off my legs.

     I just I wanted to say with this post that there are really no rules for us to make us look better or worse. It is all about how we feel about wearing our clothes and accessories. The only rule I am trying to follow at all times is - my clothes should serve me and not the other way around.









Sweater, Shirt, Jeans, Belt, Earrings - Anthropologie, Boots - Crown Vintage, 
Bag - TJMaxx, Sunglasses - Ray Ban

Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Linking up with:


Comments

  1. I love this outfit! Great choice in colors. And I have had some funny comments by my family about some outfits especially when pattern mixing.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not alone, it is good to know. Thank you very much!

      Delete
  2. Ha-ha Husbands and Fashion :) My guy generally has very good taste when it comes to dressing but sometimes he just does not get trends or styling, especially the half-tuck, and even a rolled jeans leg - he cannot get. Mostly he also he says 'if it makes you happy', looking a bit confused :) Lise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-ha! I know! Sometimes they see things differently, but they still support us which is very important. Thank you very much for your comment, Lise!

      Delete
  3. I think the warm brown boots work so well because they relate to your hair color and the sweater, creating a cohesive and more interesting look. The blue and white shirt alone would be too cool and too high contrast for your coloring, so adding it and the shoes pulls it together in the most flattering way for you. I agree the shade doesn't shorten the leg line - I'd guess it's because it'sa skin tone (though obviously not yours) as well as keeping the eye moving up and down the body because of the linking colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. It was exactly what I was trying to say and show in this look.

      Delete
  4. It's a beautiful outfit and the color combination is perfection. I like the warmth of brown with the coolness of blue. If you ask me, it is simply stunning!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving how you styled these cropped jeans! So chic!

    I hope you have a fabulous week!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the bag matches this look perfectly and I can see why you picked the brown boots - they work so well with the colours in this outfit, and the cropped jeans look great on you! :)

    Thanks so much for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! The new link up is live on my blog now, I'd love you to join again.

    Hope that you had a nice weekend!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the suede tan boots with the camel and blue! I am a big fan of the wider cropped jeans too, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely agree with you, Jess! Thank you very much!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts