Trip to NYC

      We spent last weekend  in New York - the most inspiring place for me. We went there to celebrate our 12th Anniversary living in the US. Yes, July 22nd, 2006 we came to the United States of America without any English and without any ideas how to survive in a different country with its own culture, traditions and system. Twelve years of ups and downs, doubts and faith, constant learning process have passed quickly.

      It is a long story why we made this big decision to move here, and maybe I will share it with you in one of my posts, but today's post is not about that. Today, I want to say: it was all worth it! We have come a long way and now I know it has been all for good.

      I enjoy looking at my daughter whose dreams came true, who worked so hard in the beginning and now it has all paid back very well. I also enjoy realizing that my life is fuller now, my horizons are much wider... I can speak two languages and I have developed survival skills to live in a different country.

      And today I want to thank all of my American friends who have been so supportive, kind and helpful to me... I would never ever have come so far without all of you. I feel so lucky  to meet everyone at the right moment with tons of help and advice.Could I desire more?

      This post came to my mind while I was sitting at the Bryant Park alone and contemplating the beauty around me. For a minute I felt like I was watching a movie. You know, New York gives you that feeling all the time... I felt so blessed by everything that happened to me and by everyone who didn't let me down...

      Love you all!









Top and Pants - Anthropologie, Shoes - Steve Madden Ltd, Bag - Michael Kors, Earrings - Macy's,
Sunglasses - Ralph Lauren


Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Comments

  1. That's so wonderful - all your hard work has paid off and life looks good. So does your outfit, which is on point as always! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tatiana, Those are about the most practical shoes I have ever seen you wear--you are becoming so American!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are very comfortable! Thank you so much, Madeline!

      Delete
  3. This look is great. It's perfect for exploring a city and at the same time doesn't look like you are a tourist.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts