One dress, seven outfits

      Last week we got together with my girls and one of our top conversations was about preferences of tops/bottoms versus dresses. There are no doubts that we can mix tops and bottoms infinitely and always create something different and fresh, but the dresses are not that practical and after a few wears we don't want to repeat the same look over and over again. Of course, I agree with that! But, what can I do if I really love my dresses? 

      I came home after our lunch, turned the music on (necessary assistant) and  in less than one hour easily created seven outfits with one of my favorite dresses. I love this dress too much to get rid of it, but I know how many times I have already shown it on my blog not to mention everyday life. I think one day it will die its natural death because of being fully worn out.

Outfit #1

      You already saw this dress in my posts here, here, here by itself, just different accessories and shoes. That's why I decided to start with the easiest one - evening look. I used a set of fine jewelry, high heels and a golden clutch. I would definitely wear this outfit to any parties, restaurants, night outs. I feel festive and dressed up enough.


Dress - Anthropologie, Shoes - Steve Madden, Clutch - Donna Karan NY, Earrings, Necklace - TJMaxx,
Sunglasses - Ray Ban

Outfit #2

      Now I got a totally different look by adding a t-shirt underneath, a pair of keds and a crossbody bag. I also used very simple earrings. All those items helped me create a casual, relaxed, every day look. Actually, I went to work in this look as soon as we finished our photoshoot. This one is one of my favorites because it is appropriate in my every day routine: shoppings, city walks, summer office outfit options.


Dress, Earrings, Hair Clip - Anthropologie, Shoes - Keds, Bag - TJMaxx, Sunglasses - Ray Ban

Outfit #3

      The same idea like in outfit #2, but I put a t-shirt on top of the dress. 


Dress, T-Shirt, Shoes, Earrings - Anthropologie, Bag - TJMaxx, Sunglasses - Ray Ban

Outfit #4

     This short fitted denim top helped me create another casual option for my dress, but with more options. I would definitely add this look as a night out option with my girls. 

Dress, Shoes, Denim Top, Earrings - Anthropologie, Bag - Macy's, Sunglasses - Ray Ban

Outfit #5

      Now let's move to the change-of-seasons outfits. I created an early fall look by simply adding a white button-down shirt. I think it is also a great option for cooler summer days.


Dress,  Shirt - Anthropologie, Shoes, Necklace - Free People, Earrings - Macy's, 
Bag - TJMaxx, Sunglasses - Ray Ban

Outfit #6

      Of course, I would definitely wear this option for September trips to the shore. I see myself near the ocean on the beach or in a cozy caffe with a beautiful sunset.


Dress, Sweater, Earrings - Anthropologie, Shoes - Marc Fisher Ltd, Bag - TJMaxx,
Sunglasses - Ray Ban

Outfit #7

      This outfit was not easy for me. In my head, sneakers and dresses still cannot be friends, but I am getting there. I matched my burgundy sneakers with burgundy lines on my dress, and denim jacket looks good with everything, well.., with almost everything. It is my most challenging look, but I promise I will walk it soon.


Dress, Earrings - Anthropologie, Jaclet - Levi's, Sneakers - New Balance, Bag - TJMaxx,
Sunglasses - Ralph Lauren

      And at the end of this post I would like to say that dresses are not boring and monotonous, and if desired, we can also diversify them and make them work in any situation.

     Whichever of these outfits would you try?

Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Linking up with:

Comments

  1. Tatiana, I love all these looks. I would never have thought to put a t-shirt over a dress--great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all the different ideas! Looking forward to trying sweaters over dresses.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all fabulous looks! Love how the tops change up the looks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are all perfect, what a versatile little dress. Thank you for adding to the #linkup Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute ways to restyle this look! Thanks for the inspiration!

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous dress, and I love the different ways you've styled it! Thanks for linking up!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't decide which look I like more. You styled each with perfection. Such a gorgeous color on you!
    https://justlivejoy.com/choosing-the-perfect-bag-and-tote-for-travel/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once upon a time I had a series where I took an item of clothing and styled it 6 ways - usually a dress - to prove that even dresses can be very versatile. I am in love with this plaid maxi dress and clearly you are too because you wear it often and have owned it for years. I LOVE THAT YOU DID THIS POST AND PUT TOGETHER 7 FANTASTIC LOOKS, TATIANA. Love your collection of bags and you have some awesome pieces from ANTHROPOLOGIE.

    I featured this post on my blog, yesterday. I gave you a very special shout out, you will like it. =) Come take a peak.

    Welcome by and join my Thursday Moda linkup this week. Enjoy the weekend!!

    https://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2020/09/thursday-moda-227-silk-saffron-midi.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ada, thank you so much for all your kind words! I didn't even expect to be a part of your post! I am honored!

      Delete
  9. Oh wow! First, I have to say this dress is absolutely gorgeous and can totally understand why it's your favorite. The colors are so beautiful on you. I really love all 7 ways that you have styled it and I bet you have dozens more ideas, too! I am with you though on the running sneakers with dresses. It's not my favorite trend. I love Converse or Adidas or Keds or that kind of sneaker with dresses. That is adorable. But a true running/training shoe, that's not really my thing. That being said, I think you made it work because you coordinated the color. Super cute!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Thank you very much for your comment, Shelbee!

      Delete
  10. This is a great dress on you and you wear it so well all 7 ways! I just wore an outfit very similar to the formula in the last one recently too so that's the one standing out as my favourite too! :)

    Hope you had a great weekend :) Thanks so much for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts