Old, trusted friends

     I don't even remember how long these jeans have been in my closet. I bought them about ten years ago and since then they have been one of the main pieces of my summer wardrobe. Thin, light, breezy, comfortable to wear - they meet all my requirements for hot days. And, most importantly - they completely correspond with my preference in style.

     To me it is more important to look stylish then look trendy. For example, I am not a big fan of skinny jeans... No matter how trendy they are, I know they don't make me stand out. Plus, I feel very uncomfortable in them, because they are super tight in my thighs and at the same time loose in the waist. I always need to wear a belt  to keep them in the right place. I tried many different brands and regardless of whether they are cheap or expensive, they all give the same feeling - I have to pull them up to the waist and strech them below the knees all the time. Why suffer?

        Of course, I have a couple of pairs of skinny jeans in my closet, only because they are good for high boots or longer blouses and sweaters, but you wouldn't see me wearing them often.

That's why, ten years latter I still enjoy wearing my "old, trusted friends" and honestly I don't feel out of style at all!








Jeans - Express, Blouse and Earrings - Anthropologie, Shoes - Steve Madden, Bag - TJMaxx,
Bracelet - Friend's gift, Sunglasses - Ray Ban
Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Comments

  1. What a great pair of jeans! I love the color and the 70s vibe is definitely a fun trend right now! Great styling!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful look! I have jeans just like this in that they are comfy flares that I have had for over 10 years, close to 15. I still wear them and love them. Your top and shoes are perfection!
    Cheryl
    www.northwestmountainliving.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, thank you so much! Now I feel better that I am not the only one who has garments for over ten years in my closet.

      Delete
  3. You really look good in 70's styled clothes - I have bought a pair of jeans but they only hint at it haha - I might have to be a bit braver next time xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Maria! I can't wait to see you in those jeans and I am sure that you will look fabulous in them.

      Delete
  4. I too have a pair of flared jeans around 15 years old and I have pulled them out for this summer. They have a high waist and are super comfortable. Lise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trends tend to come back after a while, Lise. Sounds like you have the perfect pair of jeans for this summer!

      Delete
  5. such a great look, casual but stylish and so on trend. Don't forget to come link up over at A Labour of Fashion my Thursday Link up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I donot look nice in similar pants since I am shortie :P I love these so much that I am in a job finding similar Jeans :) comfort is important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Rama! I am sure you will look great in them. It doesn't matter how tall you are. I am also not tall.

      Delete
  7. Thats fabulous that they are tried and true, a great staple! I wear skinny jeans, but enjoy other styles as well, flare and boyfriend. I love the light jeans, and the white top is so elegant on you.. one of my favorite combinations! pretty earrings too!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just want to tell you that I am just very new to blogs and absolutely enjoyed this blog. Very likely I’m planning to bookmark your blog post. You surely have Beautiful Photos . Thanks a lot for revealing your website page. Comfort fit jeans for men

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts