The right length

      I want to talk a little bit about the right length of clothes again. I bought these pants online last fall on a big sale. I loved everything about them, but every time I put them on there was something I didn't like and couldn't understand exactly what it was. There were well made and fit me perfectly, they had great quality of fabric, I loved the color... But I couldn't pair them with anything from my wardrobe. I was thinking to return them.

      Two weeks ago I got a regular box of clothes from my Olga and I found a few interesting pieces for myself. One of them was a vest I am wearing today. I was trying to create  this look and stumbled upon these pants again. Well, I decided to try them on one more time before sending them back. A miracle didn't happened, something still looked wrong..., until I hemmed the pants. And these 2 inches helped me get a totally different look.

      The proportions and the whole outfit looked great now! I went upstairs, opened my sewing machine, cut off these 2 inches right away and 30 minutes later I got a perfect pair of pants. Now they go well with heels and with flats, they look great with almost all my sweaters and tops. The right length can change the whole look completely. A little thing, but is very important!











Shirt and Pants -Anthropologie, Vest - H&M, Shoes - Nine West, Bag - Arcadia,
Necklace and Bracelet - NY&Company, Earrings - Evgeny's gift

Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Comments

  1. Tatiana, I love the outfit. Were the slacks to the ankle? I am not fond of that length either (but if you watch old Dick Van Dyke shows, I think Mary Tyler Moore used to wear them). I love the shoes you are wearing, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they were, Madeline! They didn't look good on me at all, too long. Thank you for your comment and I will definitely check this show.

      Delete
  2. In case you haven't seen the show, here is a link. If you scroll down, you can see the slacks.
    https://www.violetgrey.com/violet-files/a-moment-in-time/mary-tyler-moore

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts