A dressy coat

      A few weeks ago we were going to a party at the restaurant. I was all dressed up and the last thing was choosing a coat to wear on top of my outfit. I opened my closet and realized that I don't have any coats that cover my knees. Every coat I tried was very casual and shorter than my skirt.  It looked very tasteless and definitely not for going out. When Evgeny saw it, he asked me: "Tatiana, do you have any normal coats? Why didn't you buy one presentable coat for special events?"

      I was silent, I really didn't know how to answer his question. This situation brought a lot of memories from when I lived in Russia. Yes, I had an ivory coat, a light peach coat, pink and black checkered  coat, green, black... Yes, I did! But it was a totally different lifestyle. I took a public transportation and then I walked to my work on one of the main and most beautiful streets of my city. Now I drive a car every day, that's why I don't need these fancy long coats anymore, they are not practical. "I don't walk anywhere anymore" - I thought sadly.

       But anyway, sometimes I am a very obedient wife and I took his advice literally. On the very next day I opened my computer and searched for a nice, good-quality coat. And let me tell you, it didn't take much time and money to find something I really liked. I ordered it right away and here we go.
      Today Evgeny's wish came true - we are going to Philadelphia and I am wearing the coat he really likes on me. Tell you the truth - I like it too!




      This situation made me think... Don't I get too comfortable sometimes and forget that I still need something special and beautiful in my life? And not only for special occasions? 







      Do you have any outwear for a special occasion in your closet?


Coat - Michael Kors, Turtleneck- Gupio, Skirt - Express, Boots - Nine West,
Necklace - Loft, Gloves - TJMaxx, Bag - Michael Kors,
Sunglasses - Ralph Lauren

http://www.notdressedaslamb.com/

Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Comments

  1. Beautiful coat, Tatiana, and I love the red gloves, too. It is always good to have one dress-up coat for special occasions, really cold nights or just to feel special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tatiana, Evan here, is it possible by any chance if you could button it up and raise the collar?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts