Spontaneous purchase

    I bought this sweater last November but hardly ever wore it. It was one of those moments when I was just in a buying mood. I wanted something but nothing in particular. Do you have such moments? Finally, I grabbed this sweater without even trying it on and when I got home and tried it on, I realized that this item is not very suitable for me. I still don't know why I didn't return it. 

    I wore this sweater a couple of times last winter, but I didn't like how I felt in it. It is too long and faux fur at the bottom of the sleeves makes them heavier making my arms look huge. It looked very disproportional on me. The only one plus I found at that time is that it was very warm; however, my neck area was too opened for the winter season.

    This year I decided to play with it before I give it to my friend for selling at a flea market. As you can see, I started with a belt which helped me make my sweater shorter. Then I put a button-down shirt underneath which helped me to cover my neck area, and also made the sleeves look a little shorter. 

    Well, it seems this sweater will still stay in my closet...








Sweater, Trousers,  Belt, Earrings - Anthropologie, Shirt - Ralph Lauren,
Shoes - Steve Madden, Sunglasses - Dolce&Gabbana, Scarf - Friend's Gift

Photos by Evgeny Verivski
 
Linking up with:

Comments

  1. Tatiana, You are a master at making things work! I love this look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How good of you to be creative with that sweater! It's a gorgeous color and I love the fur sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you styled the sweater with the belt. Orange looks good on you!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really does look great with the white collared top underneath and belt! You're right - there are some items that look great when worn in different ways and angles! Glad you're keeping this sweatshirt!

    Life is a Shoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tatiana, you've styled that sweater so beautifully! The whole outfit looks so chic and stylish. I fully understand about spontaneous purchases! I used to do it a lot, and then never wear the item in question and feel bad about it. Trying not to do it now! Thanks for joining #WowOnWednmesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, Gail! I am getting much better now with my shopping. Thank you very much!

      Delete
  6. I love how the blouse transforms the sweater! It is a reminder to play around with our closet before letting go of certain things.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely agree! I love to play with my clothes when I have time. Thank you very much, Mireille!

      Delete
  7. This is such a nice colour on you! I'm so glad you were able to find a way to change it up and make it work for your wardrobe! It looks so good belted and layered! :)

    Thanks so much for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup!

    Hope that you are having a great weekend :)

    Away From The Blue | Handbag Gift Guide

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a super statement jumper, liking the sleeve fur. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts