My tip for how to look taller

      I noticed that I have become a big fan of cropped pants and jeans lately. They don't hide the beauty of my shoes and are easy to style, but there is a little hidden trick. Sometimes they make me look shorter than I am if I choose the wrong shoes. I probably wouldn't care that much if I were taller, but I am 5'4" and every inch counts in my case.

      Therefore, I always very carefully select shoes for that length of pants. Sometimes all I do is try to match the color of my pants and shoes since this combination makes my legs look longer and generally makes me look taller.  The same color of the shoe continues the length of the pants and visually lengthens the legs.

      For comparison, I specially put on two different shoes to make the difference clearer. Heel height difference is only one inch, but I look much shorter in blue boots. I like my look with blue shoes, but today I prefer the red once because I feel and look taller in them.

     Which option do you like more?








Jacket - Tommy Hilfiger, T-Shirt - J.Crew, Pants, Red Boots, Earrings - Anthropologie, 
Blue Boots - Prada, Bag - TJMaxx, Sunglasses - Ray Ban

Photos by Evgeny Verivski




Comments

  1. The blue ones def make you shorter! So I like the red ones better. More elegant too. Hope to see you on my Fancy Friday linkup party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Nancy! I agree with you, they look more elegant.

      Delete
  2. As a tall person, I always find it interesting that people want to look taller!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh me too! I am 5'4"....I like the idea of monochrome from shoes to pants! my other trick are those high waisted jeans...
    xo Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Eva! High-rise jeans are my most favorite style! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. They are such fun pants on you! I really like both boots with them but I can see how the monochrome look makes you look taller! :) I'm really short so I can't actually wear cropped styles - all my fave jeans are cropped, they are just full-length on me, ha!

    Hope that your week is off to a good start! :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky, Mica! You know it is always more important how we feel about things. I am right between petite and regular sizes and I have to hem my pants very often, even cropped ones. Too much work for me! Thank you so much for your comment!

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. If you hadn't put the boots side by side, I wouldn't even have noticed too much. I agree the red elongates. Your handbag is so fun, it almost looks like a backpack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Kim!I just wanted to show the slight difference. Thank you very much! Stay safe!

      Delete
  6. I am finding that the right shoe makes such a difference in a look.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I often match my footwear to my trousers, it really does have a leg-lengthening effect. I love the red, white and blue colour combination, and your bag is fabulous! Thanks for linking up!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts