Perfectly matched burgundy

      Finally it got me too..., feeling a little blue. I have read many posts from other blogs that it is getting harder to create interesting and fresh outfits with the weather being so cold and grey. All we want lately is just cozy sweaters and something super comfortable. Hasn't this winter season lasted a little too long already?

      Every time I open my closet and look through my piles of sweaters and pants, I cannot come up with anything interesting anymore. I am out of ideas... All I can say - I am so ready fro spring!

     But today, I accidentally noticed that I have a sweater and pants in exactly the same color despite the fact that I bought them two years apart from each other.

       At first, I wasn't sure if they were going to work well together, but then I realized that it is the same idea as with all-black outfits, which I use all the time in my style as a basic color. I immediately took a pair of burgundy boots and everything matched perfectly.

      I put all burgundy items on, diluted them with a grey coat, and we went to Media to run some errands. Unexpected combination, but I liked it!









Coat - Calvin Klein, Sweater - Loft, Pants and Earrings - Anthropologie, Boots - Jessica Simpson,
Bag - Arcadia, Necklace - Macy's, Sunglasses - Dolce&Gabbana

Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Comments

  1. It's a fantastic combination! Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done, Tatiana, and a good reminder to be open to different pairings. Once I have matched something in my closet, I tend to keep wearing it like that. This reminds me I can get more/different "looks" if I challenged myself a bit. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madeline, I do exactly the same! It is always hard to change something since I have already created. Thank you so much for your support!

      Delete
  3. I agree that I am over winter but it has no end in sight for me! I would never guess you bought these pieces two years apart, as they look so wonderfully paired! And that grey coat on top looks like such a great neutral to take you through to warmer weather.
    -Kristin
    countdowntofridayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhh I love this. I've been mixing in bright colors as much as I can because I am wishing for spring. Today snowed though so I'm going to have to keep being creative for awhile longer!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we all need to keep being creative Ruth! Thank you very much!

      Delete
  5. Love the brighter coat with the monochromatic color underneath. The length of those pants show off those gorgeous leather boots! Love the textured bag too! I get tired of winter too, just want some sunshine! We all get into a funk at times when it comes to styling, i think! You always look so stylish!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts