Black color

     I noticed that I have many black items in my closet, especially for colder seasons. Psychologists would probably say that it is a sign of depression or being unhappy. But I don't think so... I have always loved the color black. I don't think it means that I am depressed; in fact, I think I am a complete opposite of this myth.

      I find black to be very powerful and suiting, and just appropriate everywhere. When I don't know what to wear I almost always choose black, and, depending on a situation, I can accessorize it to stand out or dress it down to stay invisible. I can play with that color infinitely by adding bright brooches or scarves, or wearing different color of shoes or cardigans. It goes well with everything.

    Sometimes I really like to wear all-black outfits. It gives me comfort and rest and at the same time I feel elegant and festive.

      Last Saturday night we had a family dinner celebrating my birthday in New York. It was one of those days when I really wanted that comfort I was talking about above. My choice fell on a black sleeveless sweater dress with a top underneath - warm and cozy. I decided to dilute this totally black outfit with leopard-print shoes and a sparkling brooch.

      Unfortunately, the hotel hall was too dark and we didn't have the right equipment to take good photos. However, even though the quality of photos was poor I still wanted to leave them on the pages of my blog because we had a great time to remember...








Sweater dress  and Belt - Calvin Klein, Top - J.Crew, Earrings and Tights -Express
Shoes - Nine West, Brooch and Clutch - friends' gifts

Linking up with:
Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts