Accessories

       It is interesting how mush I have changed in some areas since I moved from Russia to the US. And probably, one of the biggest changes is wearing accessories. Back in Russia I was not a big fan of anything plastic or glass. I preferred gold or silver and real gemstones only, and it wasn't just me. Most of my girlfriends did the same thing. We believed that imitation jewelry made us look cheap, and it was a big cultural thing back in those days.

      Also, I didn't wear scarfs or hats, only at winter time when I had to. I felt like it didn't belong to me, I didn't like how it looked on me.

      Now, 11 years latter,  believe it or not, I wear fine jewelry very rearely, only for super special occasions. I love wearing accessories and I wear them a lot. I would never pass by a good deal with any kind of  accessories - hats, scarfs, necklaces, anything.... I love and keep them all.

     For example, this flower brooch I am wearing today, I bought many years ago, and this top I just got from Anthropologie. I put them together and they looked like one complete piece. The top looks more interesting with this addition.

     Have you noticed that sometimes we can create a totally new, unrecognizable look due to accessories?










Top and Earrings - Anthropologie, Jeans - Express, Shoes - Jessica Simpson
Bag - Arcadia, Brooch - NY&Company, Sunglasses - Dolce Gabbana
Bracelet - Friend's gift
Photos by  Evgeny Verivski

Comments

  1. Love your shades of blue super fabulous! I also really like the white pants and bag, great for the summer!

    Paulo Paradox | www.pauloparadox.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tatiana, I think you capture the casual spirit of our country. Sometimes I think we may have gone too far toward casual and don't dress up enough any more, but on the other hand, people who want to dress up still can. Our range of "acceptable" is very wide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Madeline! And I like it very much because we can go with our choices up and down and nobody would say that is not right! Thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts