Hand-made Jacket

      I got this jacket a few years ago on my birthday. It was a gift from Olga Anderson, my good friend. I still remember how happy and surprised I was. I felt so special! Then, I experienced even bigger surprise when I put it on, because it fit me perfectly! For your information, she has never measured me, she had no idea about the measurement of my waist or chest, length of my arms or my back.

       I used to sew and I know that it is almost impossible to make any clothes without the measurements, and at least one fitting. Even though I know my body sizes very well, I could never finish any piece without a couple of fittings and alterations. But, somehow she did it! And she did it perfectly!



      Olga is one of the most talented seamstress I've ever met. She can make practically everything. She always strikes my fancy with new ideas and especially with the quality of the work she does. If you are interested, please check her page on a Facebook . I am sure you will be surprised and you will find a lot of interesting items.

      Back to the jacket ..., I want to say that this gift was very special and priceless for me, because my friend Olga invested in it not only money, but her own time. And I am definitely sure that the most important ingredient in this jacket is her Love!






      Look at all these lines and decorations, they are unbelievably straight and perfect!


      Sleeves sewn right into the place! I don't know how it is possible without fitting...



     Thank you so much, dear Olechka!


Jacket - Olga's amazing gift, Skirt - Anthropologie, Bag - Arcadia
Earrings - NY&Company

Photos by Evgeny Verivski


Comments

  1. Have you thought of starting to sew again? You could create your own line of clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Madeline, I haven't. Thank you very much, but probably I am not that confident about creating my own line of clothes. Interesting..., but you just reminded me about my dream I had a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts