Transforming dressy to casual

      I bought this coat, which is dressy one, to wear for formal events or nights out. Later I realized that it mostly hanged in my closet with no chance of being worn very often. Therefore, this year I set myself a goal of creating more casual looks with this coat so that I could wear it more often in everyday life.

      Today, I want to share my casual look I was wearing last Sunday in Philadelphia. It seems to me that jeans and a turtleneck,  plus boots with comfortable heels did their job and my coat no longer looked so dressy.








Coat and Bag - Michael Kors, Turtleneck and Boots - Macy's, Jeans - Anthropologie
Earrings and Necklace - Loft, Sunglasses - Ray Ban, Gloves - TJMaxx

Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Great to hear from a style expert. Thank you so much, Nancy!

      Delete
  2. I have a grey wool coat that I think of as "dressy," but I like to wear it on cold, windy days because it is long and the wool keeps me warm. I have even worn it with jeans and sneakers (shocking!). Who says what is dressy and what is casual?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madeline, it is my goal to find more options to wear this coat. And your idea about sneakers sounds very attractive to me. I will try. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. I love a great wool coat. I have a red one that gets lots of compliments but forget to wear it. Our winter has been more wet than cold this year but I did pull it out a few times this winter. It is a classic and never goes out of style.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem with my coat too - I always forget. Thank you very much for your comment, Mireille!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful coat and it looks fabulous with jeans! Lise

    ReplyDelete
  5. So chic! Thanks for linking up with the Style Six!
    xo,
    Kellyann
    www.thisblondesshoppingbag.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good wool coat will last forever, and I'm loving this one on you!

    I hope you have a fabulous week!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layered necklaces Tatiana, beautiful as is the blue shade of your sweater! I love the long coat, very stylish! I am looking for a camel one off season, I just think they work well with pants and dresses.
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, Jess. The camel coats look very stylish with almost everything. Thank you very much for your comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts