Hand painted pieces of art

     One more post about my creative friends. And today I want to talk about my girlfriend who lives five-minute drive away from my house. She was the first person I met in the US when I came here 13 years ago and since then we have become close friends.

      Her name is Olga Anderson. She is a very highly qualified seamstress who works for a well known  place in Wayne, PA, called Cappelli Tallors. Her work as seamstress is impeccable, but besides that she has another hobby. In her free time, she creates wonderful scarves.

     Have you ever heard about a batik technique? If you you haven't, I will tell you that it is something I would never try again..., I tried once with Olga and realized that it was not for me. Batik is a hand-painted piece of natural silk. That technique is very complicated and takes a lot of patience, skills and time. But she nailed it and brought her work to the level of a master in this matter.

     Accessories in women's wardrobe are a very powerful thing which can help totally change the whole look. That's why I pay more and more attention not only to the quality of garments I am buying, but also to the accessories I include in my outfits. Because in the life of women there are no insignificant things, right?

     We all got together on Sunday again and decided to share our presents from Olga which she made for our birthdays. Yes, Olga painted a scarf for each of us on each of our birthdays. Aren't we lucky?Again, we had a great time with my girls and did a photoshoot in honor of our talented and very generous friend.

     If you are interested in her work you can check her page on Facebook here or stop by at Cappelli Tallors, 621Lancaster Avenue, Wayne, PA 19087.

      Here is our Olga Anderson:





      Lyudmyla Kravchenko




      Luda Krieg



      Elena Lysenko





      And I...





To our fabulousness!


Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Comments

  1. Tatiana, you know how much I love scarves--these are beautiful. There is a place here in Detroit called Brightly Twisted that does more traditional tie-dying (my sisters and I are going to go). Here is the link: https://www.brightlytwistedtiedye.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember, Madeline! It sounds great! I am sure you both will enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. Those scarves are fabulous, what an amazing piece of art to wear! I's so good to see you in the #WowOnWednesday link up Tatiana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow these are wonderful. Such pretty styles, patterns and colours. Thanks for sharing. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These scarves are so beautiful. Great outfit as usual. Thanks for sharing your look and these beautiful scarves at the Top of the World Style linkup party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those scarfs are so beautiful in prints and colour co-ordination. How nice of your friend to make them as birthday gifts. Love them all
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very beautiful! I love the color you are wearing, especially paired with the lime green jacket! Olga is very talented! The first scarf looks sensational on her and I love seeing the different prints. I love how you wrapped your scarf! Nice to see redheads and the colors look so good
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jess! Love your detailed comments!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts