Bring to life

      I decided to devote my last Sunday to clothes that needed repair: my beloved black knitted turtleneck formed a small hole; a Pom-Pom came off on one of my sweaters; a jacket was missing a button; pants that I bought a year ago needed a trim and hemming... In one word  - little things which needed some attention and love, and, of course, time which I usually don't have for things like that lately.

      But they are my favorite items which I have had in my closet for years, and with which I am still not ready to part. For example, the jacket I was wearing today... It was missing a button for months, which didn't allow me to wear it. And every time I put it on, especially in a rush, it reminded me that this jacket needed some repairs and at the last minute I would have to start looking for a replacement. How many times has it happened?

      That's why I feel like it was a good day that helped me bring many pieces in the closet to life. Do you repair your clothes or just throw them away with any little defects?








Turtleneck, Jacket, Jeans here, Belt, Earrings here - Anthropologie, Boots - Steve Madden,
Bag - TJMaxx, Sunglasses - Ray Ban

Photos by Evgeny Verivski





Comments

  1. What a fantastic outfit! Gorgeous blazer ,cool jeans and a black turtle neck is just a must have! Hope to see you on my Fancy Friday linkup party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome and fierce! Good for you.
    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tatiana
    It depends on how big the repair whether I keep or not. Love the jacket, great shape and I love a dark floral. The hem on your jeans is pretty and those boots are just perfect with the length of the jeans. Very pretty!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I repair small things--buttons, seams, holes in sweaters. I love your outfit, Tatiana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blazer is so chic. The bands around the jeans really tie them to the blazer like it's a suit. Great styling idea. The jeans are also a great DIY project to remember. Thanks for sharing your post at the Top of the World Style linkup party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always very chic - love it. Thanks for adding to the #linkup Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts