Experimental look

       Velvet is one of my most favorite fabrics. I remember my mom had a beautiful velvet black dress which she wore on special events with a string of pearls and black suede heels. It was a very classic and traditional way of wearing velvet. I was little and at that time I was dreaming that one day I would repeat my mom's image in my life. Of course, I did it when I was in my thirties... But at that time, the only way of wearing velvet was nights out or formal events.

      Since then the fashion has changed a lot and many rules have been broken. Now we have a great option to experiment with mixing different styles and fabrics, prints and colors. And I am happy that velvet has become a big trend for this year and not only for nights out and special events.

      I bought this skirt thinking to try it in different ways. Of course, it goes perfectly with a sequin top and black heels, very festive and traditional look. But I couldn’t wait to go further and try it with something I would not even imagine putting together twenty years ago. I really wanted to make this skirt work in a casual way. That’s why I chose a casual knit sweater and high knee combat boots to balance out the festiveness of velvet look.

      I really wanted to repeat my idea in reality after I talked about it in Glossyu.com post here. And it seemed that I was able to put my idea into practice. 

      What do you think about my experimental look?









Coat - Ralph Lauren, Sweater, Skirt, Earrings - Anthropologie, Boots - Stuart Weitzman,
Bag - TJMaxx, Sunglasses - Ray Ban

Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Comments

  1. I love it. Pinned! Lise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wished you had participated in our The Good Buy Good-Bye Book series. The theme was sweaters and yours is a gorgeous one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, me too, Nancy! Maybe next time... Thank you very much!

      Delete
  3. I love the look. I bought a burgundy velvet top last year with an asymetrical bottom and sequins along the hem. I have worn it for dress-up occasions and also just to be more festive on other occasions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madeline, I want to see it! Good for you! Thank you for your respond.

      Delete
  4. It works! And gives you more wear out of that skirt.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab velvet skirt! I think you've dressed it down nicely here and I like that fun and colourful knit with it! :)

    Hope that you are having a lovely weekend :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous outfit!
    and not experimental at all - it looks totally effortless...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely outfit!!!

    Thank you very much, Tatiana!!!

    XoXo,
    Adriana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU very much, Adriana! I am honored to be a part of your post!

      Delete
  8. I love the velvet too. This is a fantastic look. I can say that the velvet skirt spice the whole lookup. Thank you for sharing this look with My Red Carpet.

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts