Forgotten boots

      It has been pretty cold this last month in our region. And my priority for cold days is to keep my feet warm. I hardly wear hats and gloves, but I never let my feet get cold. When I was young, my mom always reminded me: "Keep your feet warm and your head cold", of course, she didn't mean extreme cold for my head, but she believed that the cold begins with frozen feet. And since my childhood I have been trying to follow her rule.

     I have a few pairs of high boots in my closet and always wear them when the temperature drops down below 32 degrees. Today it was one of those days when I really needed something warmer and higher than my winter booties. I looked through my shelf and found a pair which I totally forgot about.

     They were one of my first boots I bought here, in the United States. It was an in interesting episode. We went on our very first shoe shopping trip at Saks 5th Last Call (outlet) and I was stunned by the selection of shoes they had. My size is 5.5 and, believe it or not, that day we bought 6 pairs of boots and sandals for around one hundred seventy something dollars: two pairs of sandals and one pair of boots of Via Spiga brand (made in Italy), one pair of Prada boots, one pair of Portuguese brand boots (I don't remember the brand, but the quality was exceptional) and a pair of Stuart Weitzman boots which I am wearing today. I knew prices for these quality of shoes very well and I remember that I couldn't actually believe that it was possible to buy real shoes for such unreal price. Probably, it was possible only in America...

    I took them in my hands and smiled... So much has happened since that time, but these boots are still in my closet. How could I forget about them? They are twelve years old, but still in a great shape and they still remain one of my favorite. Of course, I had to walk them today!







Comments

  1. I bundle up in winter and don't care much how I look; you make winter look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your winter is a totally different story. I am afraid I wouldn't go outside at all in your place. Thank you so much, Madeline!

      Delete
  2. That is such a lovely story and you are so beautiful. Love those boots. Have an awesome day! :)

    Madeline | CappuccinoandFashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are absolutely gorgeous, they just pop. I love your classic look, I'm sure those boots will always be in style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so impressed by the beautiufl photos in the snow Tatiana! I love this look, the vintage styled hat, and those boots are fabulous! What deals you scored on some wonderful designer shoes!Love the addition of your pretty brooch :-)
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts