What's wrong with sizes lately?

 As soon as I saw those pants on the Anthropologie website, I started my hunt for them. And, when the pants went on sale, I immediately made an order. What I always liked about Anthropologie is that I know all the sizes I wear there, and I have never had any problems with sizing until now.

 When I tried the pants on, to my big surprise, I drowned in them. I checked the size, and it was size 0. "What is going on?" - I thought. I decided to go one size down, which I have never done before, and ordered size 00. They were still pretty big, as you can see. I decided they mistakenly used the wrong tag and ordered another pair of pants in size 00. No, it wasn't the wrong tag, Anthropologie was wrong.

I am writing this story because I am really frustrated with the way marketing works today. Is the retail world trying to convince me that after gaining 12 pounds, I shrank? Should I be ashamed if I need to buy a bigger size? What kind of message are they trying to send me? Why do I have to spend so much time and energy simply buying a pair of pants?  

Anthropologie didn't convince me that I became thinner, it just made my life more complicated. I don't mind if I go a few sizes up, just don't mess with sizing. And, for reference: I have never worn XS, 32, or 0 sizes with European brands, they are bigger. This is something to think about, the #anthroplogie team!









Shirt and Sunglasses - Ralph Lauren, Pants and Earrings - Anthropologie
Shoes - Michael Kors, Bag - TJMaxx

Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Linking up with:

Comments

  1. Zara sizing is also always so horrible. It's irritating. These days it shouldn't be normal that sizing is wrong. But fabulous trousers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Yes, I totally agree with you, Nancy. And I don't understand why...

      Delete
  2. It's been so long since I stopped by your blog! I am glad to stop by again! That is a pair of lovely pants but I agree with you! I don't shop online much for clothes because of that reason unless I look a the measurements. That is why I like shopping on Poshmark when I buy brand name clothes because I can ask the actually measurement in inches.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts