The happiest moment

Like in everyone's life, in my life there have been a lot of events in the last two years, some are sad, and some exciting. But I returned to my blog not to talk about sad events... Today I want to tell you about the happiest moment in our family that happened on October 16, 2021. My daughter got married to a great man, his name is Alejandro.

It wasn't a big wedding, but it was very stylish and well-organized. The wedding was in New York in a cozy lounge with 30 close friends. Unfortunately, both of our families don't have any family members in the US. Alejandro and Olga organized everything by themselves in the way they wanted, and we (the parents from both sides) were invited along with other guests. They didn't let us pay a penny for their big event.

For the wedding, I picked a black dress. I was looking for brighter colors but couldn't see myself in them. Deep inside, I still grieved the loss of my mom. And as soon as I decided on the color, the very first dress I ordered online from Nordstrom fit me perfectly.

This dress looked too much for me in the beginning, I didn't want to bring any attention to my persona. But after debating in my head about all the pros and cons, I finally decided that I had to wear it. How many events like that will happen in my life? And how many chances for me to wear a black-tie gown again? And, after all, I am a mother of the bride!

To dilute the black color a little, I put on green shoes and earrings with a green stone. I also picked a sparkly clutch that matched my necklace. It was easy to style it because I already had everything in the closet besides the dress.











Dress - Nordstrom, Shoes - Sarah Jessica Parker, Earrings and Necklace - 
Touche' Accessories, Clutch and Jacket - Macy's

Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Linking up with:
https://nancysfashionstyle.com
https://shelbeeontheedge.com
https://awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com
https://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

Comments

  1. Such a beautiful dress, you look absolutely stunning! Congratulations to Alejandro and Olga!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your daughter! she looks absolutely stunning on her wedding day, and so do you with that great gown, definitely a good pick for the festivities :)

    Thanks for joining the Weekday Wear Link up :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts