Nostalgia for blogging

 The last post I uploaded to my blog was dated August 6th, 2021, exactly two years ago... Did I miss it? To tell the truth, not so much. Between two jobs, a blog, and social life, I realized there was too much on my plate. I started feeling exhausted and burnt out and stopped enjoying what I really loved to do - creating outfits, taking photos, and writing my posts. I lost my drive to do the most exciting and enjoyable thing in my life -talking about fashion. One day I just closed my blog and didn't even check it for almost a year.

But not so long ago, I suddenly wanted to look at my blog again, I opened it and began to flip through post after post, remembering the places where we took pictures and the emotions we both experienced... Gosh, it was so much fun until I started taking blogging too seriously with no time for it. My biggest issue is if I decide to do something, I must do it according to the plan I created in my head, no matter the cost - whether I get sick, don't get enough sleep, or am tired at work, it doesn't matter. I must post on time! I forgot that I started it as a hobby with no obligations.

I began to return to my blog again and again and started to read other fashion bloggers... And, finally, last weekend when we went to Philadelphia, I suddenly suggested that Eugene bring a camera with us. "Just in case!" I said. It was a beautiful day in Philly and, of course, we both were in a good mood to take some photos. We haven't done it for two years! I didn't even know if I wanted to post anything at that moment.

And now I want to believe that the lesson has been learned. Today I don't know for sure whether it will be just one post, like nostalgia for the past, or maybe there will be more... But I know for sure that there are no more rigid schedules and no more obligations. I want to enjoy it!







Top, Pants, Earrings - Anthropologie; Shoes - Steve Madden; Belt, Bag - TJMaxx;
Sunglasses - Ralph Lauren

Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Linking up with:
https://awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com
https://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com
https://shelbeeontheedge.com
https://www.curatedbyjennifer.com
https://www.dousedinpink.com
https://nancysfashionstyle.com

Comments

  1. What a nice surprise! Hope you'll keep posting about your enjoyable trips and fashion. Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Diana! It feels good to be back, we will see how it goes.

      Delete
  2. Love the drama of the blue pants! What you say about taking blogging so seriously that it crowded out the fun resonated with me - that's exactly what I'm hoping to avoid myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Sally! It is good to know that I am not alone. So, let's take our blogs easier.

      Delete
  3. Hi Tatiana, you won't believe me but I was thinking about you the other day, wondering why did you stop blogging. You still look fabulous and haven't change a bit. Welcome back :) Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, Anna! Thank you very much for thinking of me! It is so nice to hear. I will try to do my best!

      Delete
  4. I am really glad that you decided to bring your camera because this outfit is stunning! Those trousers are amazing and red, white, and blue is always such a striking color combination for summer. You look fabulous! I have been feeling the loss of blogging passion for the same reasons as you. It is a hobby so I don't want the pressure of feeling obligated either. I am still trying to find the right balance for me but I am leaning heavily in the direction you have gone!

    Shelbee on the Edge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shelbee, thank you so much for stopping by and for your kind words! Yes, keeping the right balance is the most important thing! We need to remember that!

      Delete
  5. Love the red white and blue outfit, the wide leg pants look so good on you! I'm glad you decided to return to your blog again :)

    Thanks for joining the Weekday Wear Link up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mica! Yes, it feels good to be back!

      Delete
  6. Well hello there! How nice to see you back, at least I hope it is! It is so much more fun when there is no ,,must,, in blogging! You look fabulous as you always did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, you always make me smile! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous outfit! Nice to seey you. Lise

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts