My dilemma

      Well..., last week I had my big birthday: I turned fifty. I am officially in "My fabulous fifties." But my blog's name is "My fabulous forties" and I have no idea how to fix it. I tried to change the name of a blog to "My fabulous fifties" and searched in Google after, but it didn't come up under the new name. It still appears under the old one. And I don't know what to do... Any suggestions, please?

Honestly, when I started blogging three years ago, I was sure that it was not going to be for more than a year. I just wanted to try and see how much I liked doing something like that. I was hundred percent positive I would be done with blogging when my next decade arrived.

But it turned out that it became my favorite hobby... Between two jobs, my family and a big group of friends I am still trying to find time to take photos, write something and post it once a week, even though sometimes there is not any time left for it. It truly became my favorite pastime.

And now returning to today's post, I want to show how one new item can help to create a totally new and fresh look. All the items besides this new cardigan have lived in my closet for more than three years and I have been wearing them actively. You have seen them many times in my previous posts. But when I saw that cardigan on a website I knew I could create a totally new look and thereby extend the life of my old things in my wardrobe.

I love it when I can create something new and fresh by adding only one thing, and not buying all the items.








Turtleneck, Trousers, Cardigan, Belt, Earrings - Anthropologie, Shoes - Nine West,
Bag - Michael Kors, Sunglasses - Ray Ban

Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday! Welcome to the club! About the blog name, you can change the name but the URL will stay the same. If you want to change the URL too, you have to start new. So for the appearance you can change it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Nancy! I think it is the only way I can keep it as it is...

      Delete
  2. Happy 50th birthday, Tatiana. I love the cardigan--and I agree that adding one piece can give new lift to other things in the closet. I also agree with Nancy about changing the name but keeping the URL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Madeline! I just did it.. We'll see if it works.

      Delete
  3. Your outfit is very elegant. I love that cardigan and can picture styled many different ways. Also, your hairstyle really shows off those fab earrings! As far as your blog name, I'm not sure how it works on Blogspot, as they host your site for you. They may be able to help you. But when you want to change to a new domain name, you usually need to do what's called a permanent redirect, so all the pages created with the old name myfabforties would then redirect to myfabfifties.com. That is what you would end up seeing in the address bar, instead of the myfabforties. If you just go into your dashboard and change your url to the new one, search engines will return a page not found error whenever someone tries to access your blog via an old link or typing it in as www.myfabforties.com. So a 301 redirect tells search engines that your site domain is now permanently moved to the new one and you won't lose any of your content. Hope I made sense there!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your respond, Theresa! I decided to change the blog's name, but keep my URL the same for now. Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  4. First thing first, happy birthday Tatiana and many happy returns. Second, about your blog. I will have a similar problem next year when I turn 60 but I think I will leave it at that, not sure how this redirection works. Third, you look very nice in this outfit. The cardigan is beautiful, like it soft colour and detailing is stunning.
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anna! I decided to change only the name of my blog for now. I am not that good with all those technology stuff. I am afraid to ruin everything! Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! You look stunning! That cardigan is so cozy and soft looking! It looks wonderful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a happy birthday, and welcome to becoming 50! I'm sorry I don't know how to amend the issue - good luck. I love the cardigan, and it's made the outfit come to life! Thanks for sharing, I hope to see you on the blog for the #chicandstylish #linkup Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 50th Tatiana! I am in the club too! You look beautiful and the duster is such a great piece to complement pieces in your closet. Love the cream and burgundy! The pants look elegant with this ensemble.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlyudressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. First off, that cardigan, and the outfit built around it, is stunning!

    I have no good advice on the dilemma. I have a similar problem. Like you, when I began blogging a yea ago, I really didn’t know how much I’d love it, so I went with an expensive host. Big mistake. One day last week, my site was down for a total of 59 minutes. I had intended to migrate my website to a new host, but due to more problems with server, it became impossible to do (the host I was trying leave kept timing out when I was zipping my website). I finally bought a new domain, but kept my blog name. When I google my website name, it takes everyone to my old blog. (Which seems obvious now.) Now, I am trying to decide if I need to choose another blog name.....

    Michelle
    http://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear it, Michelle! It is so upsetting when things go wrong with something you are enjoying to do. I hope you will find a way to fix your problem. I decided to change the name of my blog, but keep the URL the same. I am not good with technologies that why I went with the easiest decision. Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts