Handmade treasures from a friend

      A few years ago my friend had a relative visiting her from Moscow. We all fell in love with her personality and all of us became good friends. Her name is Irina Kurianova and not only she is fun person to be around, but she is also a very talented and creative fiber artist. Her field is felting wool.

     When I saw her work, I could hardly believe all accessories she shared with us were created by her own hands. I have never heard about that kind of technique before. But one day she invited us all to our friend's house and gave us a lesson of how to create those things. We made brooches-flowers and I remember how hard it was. 

     Now she has her own business in Moscow which is very successful and her work is in high demand. She has been very popular not only in Russia, but also all over the world. Also she teaches her own classes for beginners and not only. Actually, Luda (you can see her below) just came back from Moscow, she took Irina' classes there.

     I am all about handmade and unique items, because it is always something that nobody else would own. I have already said it before in my previous posts that I was a seamstress in Russia, that's why I value so much anything what other people can create. I know how special every piece becomes when you put so much energy during the creative process.

     And on Sunday we all got together with my girls and decided to show Irina's work. We all have at least one piece of her wonderful items which I really think as art. We spent a great day together and we were so happy to share our pieces of treasure we got from her.

I leave her website here if you want to look for more of her wonderful work or maybe you would be interested in buying something for yourself or somebody you love. I believe that those items contain something really special and different, because they are made with great, positive energy and love!

And now, let me introduce my great models and best friends:

      Olga Anderson






      Lyudmyla Kravchenko









      Luda Krieg



     These scarf and gloves that Luda shows on those pictures she made with Irina during her recent classes in Moscow. Irina and Luda made them together.




      Elena Lysenko




      And I...




Photos by Evgeny Verivski




Comments

  1. Beautiful colors, I especially love the brown one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nancy! I was trying to choose my favorite and I couldn't...

      Delete
  2. Tatiana, these are beautiful--both your "girls" and the artwork. I met a woman at an art show this fall who felts wool onto silk, and I fell in love with her work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't unbelievable what people can create? Thank you very much, Madeline!

      Delete
  3. These scarves truly are works of art, no wonder they are in demand. You and your friends look very chic--so nice you were able to spend time together. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very, Kim! Yes, we had a great time together, as always!

      Delete
  4. The scarves are so beautiful!!
    www.chezmireillefasiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous Tatiana! Love them as they are so interesting to see. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts