Leather vs suede

     I have noticed that most of my shoes are suede. In my personal opinion, suede looks more expensive and more elegant than leather. But suede shoes need much more attention and care than leather. And, they are not that practical compared with the leather shoes. And yet I like them more...

     But in rainy days it is easy to ruin suede shoes because  they don't tolerate water, and after they get wet it is not easy to bring them back to normal look. That's way I always have a pair of black leather shoes for each season (boots, sandals, heels) in my closet, just in case, when it is rainy outside.

    Of course, leather shoes are more enduring and help me keep my outfits looking neat and clean even after walking through the puddles. After all the only care they need is just wiping them with a soft cloth and they look like brand new again. Maybe one day my shoe closet will look differently, but I am not there yet.

    What is your preference - leather or suede shoes?









Coat - Ralph Lauren; Sweater, Cullotes, Earrings - Anthropologie; Blouse - H&M, 
Boots - Avec Less Filles, Bag - Michael Kors

Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Comments

  1. Chic outfit and love the leather boots and detail on them. You nailed that look for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought a pair of suede shoes, even though I know they are impractical (especially in Michigan) but I like the look and feel of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suede shoes don't last long in the English weather sadly, although I love them. Love your choice of boots and your coat is so chic xx Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer leather shoes, but I have some suede shoes as well. They are just for dry weather. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Nicole, but ! still love the suede more!

      Delete
  5. I love the look of suede shoes and rarely you can find water-proof ones and they cost a lot. I love leather too and own a bunch. Your boots, coat and sweater are all pretty.

    Welcome by every Thursday to link up with me on Thursday Moda. Thanks and Happy Sunday!

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tend to go for leather just because I can wear them year round and not worry about them getting wet.

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful outfit, I love the green on you, the layers and classic look. The bow detail is sweet on your boots! I have a mix of both leather and suede, but have bought more suede this year. I am cautious when to wear them.
    thanks for linking
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful 9 to 5 outfit. You look so professional

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts