Out of comfort zone

      If I found this blouse in a store I would have never even looked at it - for me it's too girly with too many details at the same time - lace, embroidery, lush sleeves, too much fabric around my waist. It is definitely not my usual choice. But the thing is - when it comes from Olga, I always try things on, because sometimes I just want to see what she chooses for herself and the main question - why? What did she like about this item?

      And, of course, most of her clothes don't work for me, -  we have totally different preferences and styles, in addition to the age difference. But sometimes, as you've seen before, some pieces I end up keeping in my closet after she doesn't want them anymore. They really work well for me.

     Today I decided to wear this blouse, even if it is not my theme. I decided to try something totally new for myself, I wanted to see how I feel in the item which doesn't belong to me. Surprisingly, it wasn't too bad. I spent the whole day in this outfit and wasn't feeling uncomfortable. Again, it is not what I usually buy, but it's like being out of my comfort zone, a little challenge in a good way. I decided to keep it for a while... Who said that it's not for me?










Blouse -Freeway, Jeans and Bracelet - Express, Shoes - BCBGeneration,
Necklace and Earrings - Macy's, Bag - Marco Buggiani
Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Comments

  1. Tatiana, I like the top and am glad you expanded beyond your usual style. I find, though, that I am most comfortable in things I am most comfortable in--so I tend to wear the same things again and again. I recently bought four (4) dresses from my niece who sells them. Here is the style, but mine are all prints. (http://www.lularoe.com/carly-dress) They are so comfortable and remind me of tent dresses from the 60s or 70s. Now I keep wearing them again and again. So, if you find yourself reaching for that blouse soon, I would say "keep it," but if you don't wear it again for a while, maybe it is not you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madeline, I totally agree with you. If I want to wear this blouse again, I will keep it, if don't - it has to go! I checked your site and this dress looks so you! I love it. Enjoy your new dresses!

      Delete
  2. Digging the wide leg pants! Really cool! Not a lotta people can pull it off like you do. Well done!

    Best regards, Paulo Paradox
    www.pauloparadox.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your style so much Tatiana. This 70s yet modern casual look is beautiful. The peasant embroidered blouse is stunning!

    Welcome by and join my new style linkup this week gorgeous lady and share your latest awesome style posts. =) Thanks, have a great weekend!

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2017/06/thursday-moda-67-french-inspired.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ada! I definitely will! Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh you look amazing in this outfit and like you are completely comfortable. Thank you for joining Ladies Who Link Up and I hope to see you next Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cheryl! Of course, I will join your Link Up next Friday!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts