Loner Item

      I bought this jacket a year ago, and  when I saw it hanging in my closet I realized that I only wore it once. I repeat this mistake over and over again. When I see an item  I like, I usually buy it thinking that I will find a way to pair it with something I already have. Sometimes it works well, but very often I end up with a loner item, an item which does not have a match to create the right outfit. Then that purchased garment stays in my closet until I give it to somebody or just get rid of it. 

      This jacket is just one of those items. When I saw it online I created a picture in my mind of how it is going to look, but I never bought the right bottom for it. Today I gave it a try and instead of red high-waisted trousers which I was supposed to buy for this jacket, I put on black pants and a turtleneck. 

      Well, maybe it doesn't look as bright and bold as I imagined, but it still works in my opinion.







Jacket - Tommy Hilfiger, Turtleneck - Macy's, Pants - Express, Shoes - Nine West,
Bag - Michael Kors, Earrings - Anthropologie, Sunglasses - Ralph Lauren

Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Comments

  1. Looks great with black! Maybe even better than red. Lise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Tatiana, that red might be too much of a contrast. I love it with black. I might turn the sleeves up once to create a cuff (just my thought). I also think you could wear this over a dress (black or print with royal blue). What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is a good idea. If I found the right dress I will definitely show it! Thank you very much, Madeline!

      Delete
  3. I think it looks fabulous on those trousers! And It is a fantastic jacket! It would look amazing on jeans too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Nancy! I think it would look great with jeans.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic jacket! It looks fab with the black trousers and turtleneck sweater. Very stylish outfit.

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Way That You've styled Them with the rest of this outfit!

    https://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This jacket is stunning. I love shopping my own closet to find pieces that I haven't worn in a while or forgotten about

    http://michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love the cobalt blue on you and the shape of the jacket is perfect with your wider leg pants. Cobalt and black looks so classy!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a gorgeous outfit, you look super stylish, and I love the wide leg trousers. I hope you can visit my blog on Thursday where I'm featuring a brand new link up. x Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Jacqui! I will definitely do!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts